Pet-Friendly Apartments In Doral
We know that keeping pets happy keeps their owners happy, too! That’s why we offer a lifestyle that pet owners love. We believe in a clean, safe environment for all pets and that means respectful scooping of waste.
For those that enjoy “man’s and woman’s best friend,” the pet walk areas is a great place to play and to help keep our grounds ready and pristine for everyone to enjoy!
We welcome you and your pet to The Manor CityPlace Doral Luxury Apartments.
Moving Tips: To Consider When Moving with Pets
Having a four-legged family member is one of the greatest joys of apartment living. You have found a apartment community that is pet-friendly and will suits all of your needs, congratulations! You are ready for the entire family, including your pet to venture on to your new pad!
Your pet deposit is $350
Please read about our pet-friendly apartment policy below.
ASPCA Director of Anti-Cruelty Behavior Research Dr. Katherine Miller states that there ways to make the move to your new apartment as safe and easy as possible for your furry friends.
Packing Up Your Apartment
Moving is tough enough on humans, but animals don’t have a clue why strangers are removing the furniture. Like the rest of us, pets need a little extra TLC at moving time. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to make their move easier at both ends and on the road.
Take your time. Stretch out your packing time over several weeks. Avoid panic in the last days, leaving moving day as relaxed as possible for you and your pets. Don’t change. Keep your pets’ routines, such as feedings and walks, as normal as possible in the week before moving. Because dogs and cats need to feel in control, they might exhibit behavioral changes or even become ill when stressed. Treat them with the same level of attention you would ordinarily give them.
Cats aren’t big fans of change. You can help your cats (and skittish dogs) adjust to the moving process by bringing in moving boxes early, and by keeping your furry friends in a familiar room you plan to pack up last. On moving day, keep your pets in a quiet room with the door shut, or at a friend’s house. This will ensure that your cat or dog won’t get scared and try to make a quick getaway while the movers load up the truck.
Prepare to Make Your Move to The Manor CityPlace Doral Apartments
Visit your veterinarian. A couple weeks before moving, request a copy of veterinary records, a rabies vaccination certificate, and a health certificate. Be certain your pets are up to date with their shots. If your pet is a senior or has health problems, ask whether a mild sedative would be advisable before travel.
Get tags and leashes. If you have a dog or an indoor/outdoor cat, buy or create identification tags with your new address and phone number. Be sure your pets are wearing them during travel. While you’re at it, pick up a cat leash you’ll need it if you’re taking a long road trip or an airplane as well as for the first few days that Fluffy and Captain goes outdoors in the new neighborhood.
Tips For Moving with Cats:
- For the first few days, give Fluffy the security of one room as a home base, including all her supplies. Let her explore the house or apartment at her own pace, one room at a time.
- Remember the saying about cats and curiosity? If you’re moving into an upper-level apartment, don’t open windows more than one or two inches unless they’re securely screened.
- Place litter boxes away from feeding areas, preferably on top of a replaceable throw rug . (Cats are very sensitive to odors and often avoid using a litter box that’s too close to their food and water.) Remove droppings daily and replace litter weekly.
Tips For Moving with Dogs:
- If you’re moving nearby, let your best friend visit your new apartment at The Manor CityPlace Doral Apartments before moving day. (This can also be effective with cats, but keep them securely in their crates.) Show them that you’re relaxed in this new apartment. This is also the perfect time to have your pet photographed and meet the management team.
- Take your friend on a walk around the neighborhood to introduce him to new sights and sounds.
- If your dog is a chewer, invest in a roomy crate as a doggie condo for times when you’re away from home.
- Create a steady schedule for walks and feedings around the community. BTW you will enjoy the walk near the New River as well.
Settling in to Your Brand New Apartment
When you arrive at your new apartment, it will be tempting to set your dog or cat loose in the apartment to explore. However, a new and unfamiliar space can be overwhelming to your pets. Start by allowing them to adjust to one room—their “home base”—which should include their favorite toys, treats, water and food bowls, and litter box for cats. When they seem comfortable, gradually introduce them to other rooms in the apartment, while keeping some doors shut. You can slowly move your cat’s litter box to a different room, too.
Your cat or dog will be king (or queen!) of your new apartment in no time.
Again, choose a small room to be the pet room, where dogs and cats can feel secure as you move in furniture and belongings. As much as possible, have furniture, bowls, and toys in place before you let your pets out of their crates.
Don’t let pets outdoors without a leash until they’ve adapted to their new surroundings—several days to a week for cats; dogs adapt more quickly.
Continue giving your pets water from home for the first few days.
- If your pets misbehave, consider ways to reduce their stress. If you suspect they may be ill, make a veterinary appointment. Don’t punish your pets for initial misbehavior. Cats especially will not understand, and distrusting you will only increase stress and stress-caused behaviors.
- Clean up “accidents” immediately. Animals tend to repeat behaviors in the same areas, so remove odors as quickly as possible.
Breed Restrictions Apply. No aggressive breeds shall be permitted.
Prior to approval of your apartment rental application or before you acquire a pet, please contact our apartment management team to schedule a “pet interview”and provide a certificate of health that states pet breed, age, weight, height, and vaccinations received. All pets must have management approval prior to moving in to The Manor CityPlace Doral Apartments.
The pet weight limit is 99lbs.
We will photograph your pet for our records.
Dog-Friendly Attractions in the Doral Area
- Dog Beaches
- Dog Events
- Dog-Friendly Hiking Trails
- Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Pet Friendly Shopping
Doral Pet Services & Businesses
- Animal Therapy
- Dog Grooming
- Other Pet Services or Businesses
- Pet Boarding & Daycare
- Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
- Training & Behavior
- Veterinarian & Health Services
Pet-Friendly Restaurants in the Doral and Miami Area
- Dog-Friendly Bars & Pubs
- Pet-Friendly Restaurants
- Other Pet Products
- Pet Boutiques
- Pet Food & Treats
- Pet Gifts/Toys
- Pet Photography & Portraits